METRO’s board of directors, led by Chair Carrin Patman, is developing a new plan for transit services in the Houston region. It will be a forward-looking plan focused on providing more transportation choices to more people.
The Guiding Principles of METRONext:
The Goals of METRONext:
- Improve Mobility
- Enhance Connectivity
- Support Vibrant Communities
- Ensure a Return on Investment
To achieve these goals, METRO will:
- Develop transit improvements that increase speed and reliability to get you where you want to go
- Improve access by transit to jobs, education, medical and other services
- Build on the investments that METRO has already made in transit services including the implementation of the New Network and the expansion of the light rail system
- Improve first and last mile connections to METRORail stations, bus stops and other transit facilities
- Work with local agencies to improve accessibility to transit stops
Development of METRONext is anticipated to take 18 months. METRO invites you to join in developing a plan for a transit system that best serves the Houston area’s residents, businesses and visitors.